Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Home Renovations have commenced

I am finally starting work on our dining room renovation to convert it from a room where I use the dining room table to do craft and walk through to get to the study to a dining room / play room / room we actually want to spend time in.
I have a gyprocker coming Monday to give me a quote to fill in the old door and window and I sanded the cupboards last night so I can put the primer on tonight. So things are finally getting under way.
I am in a bit of a quandary with how to decorate / arrange the room. Things I want in the room are:
1.      Wing chair for reading
2.      Small side table and lamp
3.      Table and chairs for my son
4.      Small dining room table and 4 chairs
5.      Bookshelf for all our books (we have quite a few)
6.      Storage for toys and children’s books
Sounds like a lot doesn’t it. Not quite sure how it can or will work. Anyway I am off to Ikea on Saturday to check out some tables, chairs and bookshelves. In the meantime I have been surfing the net for some inspiration. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!




1 comment:

  1. Ok, if you're going to install that lego wall during the renovation then I want to come over to play!

    Love the wall of books idea.

    When we renovated a very small 2 bedroom apartment some time ago we had a bookcase installed where we wanted a doorway filled in. It added extra storage for a very small second bedroom but to get the extra depth of the bookcase it slightly intruded into the back of our kitchen pantry. It worked really well for us but I guess depth wise it depends on whats on the other side of the wall.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...